Cave Map: N/A
Main Research Years: 1908
Occupation Dates and Eras:
Cave Description: The entrance to the cave is 2m high and 5m wide, with the cave located 7km west of Tirnovo.
Research Chronicles and Data: During the excavtions 13 different layers were found, the contents of the 13 layers:
1: 10cm of young soil
2: 20cm of white and black mixed with charcoal ash
3: 5cm of black ground
4: 10cm of grey toned soil
5: 5cm of white ash
6: 7cm of black clay
7: 5cm of red clay
8: 20cm of Black gravelly clay
9: 20cm of grey tone
10: 2-3cm of charcoal– in this layer, whorls were found.
11: 30cm of grey tone
12: 30cm of diluvial- In this layer there were numerous remains of domestic and wild animals, as well as flint tools and pottery sherds. The animal bones found included dog, pig, horse and sheep. The flint that was found here was not orrigionally from this region and therefore must have travelled from a different location.
In layers 3-8 the excavators found a potting wheel, they are often carved with wave ornaments and always burnt. Other finds included a skeleton measuring 1.62m and a copper pin shaft with coarse finger-smeared ware of Gumelnita type.
Cave Uses: Agropastoral, Burial (A.a, B.d) -